We re-engage Keshi with N5 million monthly salary - NFF

Forum 9 years ago

We re-engage Keshi with N5 million monthly salary - NFF

THE Nigerian Football Federation,NFF,said it has renewed the contract of Coach Stephen Keshi to handle the Super Eagles coaching job.

According to the organisation,Keshi,whose new contrat has been officially communicated to him, is to get a N5 million monthly salary besides a comfortable house and other benefits.

NFF president,Amaju Pinnick, disclosed this, Friday, during the 2015 budget defence of the Federal Ministry of Sports.

He said the necessary papers were issued to the Super Eagles handler a week ago.
[ads4]
He also said NFF was awaiting Keshi’s response to his new contract even as he hinted that official pronouncement on the contract would be made within ten days.

But he regretted that the contract, which Keshi has not communited the federation on its acceptance or otherwise,has since dominated the media.

“The contract was forwarded to him about a week ago and of course,in the media,we started hearing some stories.

Keshi and Amaju
“In the federation,we do not believe in the media,we believe in the official correspondences between the employer and the employee.

“I can assure you that within the next ten to fifteen days,at worst,we should be able to make a pronouncement of this contract finally.

“We have given him time to study the contract.Like I said,corresponce should not be hearsay,correspondence should be between the employee and the employer and that is what we are waiting for,”he stressed.

He added: “So,based on the reality on ground,it took them quite a couple of time but I can assure you that the contract that we offer Coach Stephen Keshi,we went through a lot of processes that at the end of the day, if anybody sees it,he will know that it is a thoroughly done contract.

“And in terms of the finance,we advocated to pay five million naira with other provision for housing and some other anxiliary and very realistic benefits, which of course,are all enshrined in his contract.”

He said the new contract went through vigorous processes in order to avoid mistakes of the past.

“When I got elected, I went through a lot of documentation in the federation and I found that in the past,coaches were employed and there were some issues that were not sorted out.

“So,I made sure that all the committees that had to do with the employment of the coach met from the legal committee of the federation to the technical committee and because of the fact that we don’t want any form of issues after a coach has been elected,they went through all these.

“We looked at the reality on ground and I told them very clearly that what can we pay based on what we are going to be expecting, even the economy also affects the Nigerian corporate which of course,we always tried to target,to meet our budgeting provision,”he stressed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend
Forum | 1 week ago

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business

May D and Uche Maduagwu Engage in Physical Altercation
Forum | 1 week ago

May D and Uche Maduagwu Engage in Physical Altercation