‘Why Danny Drinkwater Should Reject Move To Chelsea’- Ray Wilkins

Forum 6 years ago

‘Why Danny Drinkwater Should Reject Move To Chelsea’- Ray Wilkins

Former Chelsea player and coach, Ray Wilkins said Leicester City midfielder, Danny Drinkwater should not join the Blues.

Wilkins said the 27-year-old England International should join a team where he would play if he does want to leave the Foxes.

“Danny has done really well over the last couple of years,” Wilkins said on talkSPORT.

“The important thing again is to play,” Wilkins added.

“If Danny comes to Chelsea, (Tiemoue) Bakayoko has cost £40million, Kante everybody loves.

“Is he going to get a game with Fabregas as well?

“If I was Danny I’d go somewhere where I would play personally.”

Drinkwater has handed in a transfer request at Leicester in order to force through a move to Chelsea.

Chelsea has reportedly bid £23million for the England midfielder, but the Foxes are holding out for over £30million.

Drinkwater would be reunited with N’Golo Kante if he moved to Starmford Bridge before the transfer window shuts tomorrow.

The pair were influential in Leicester’s historic Premier League-winning campaign in the 2015/16 season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd

Transfer: Napoli reject Chelsea’s offer for Osimhen
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Napoli reject Chelsea’s offer for Osimhen