‘Why I Rejected Chance To Be Barcelona Captain’- Suarez

Forum 7 years ago

‘Why I Rejected Chance To Be Barcelona Captain’- Suarez

Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, has admitted he does not fancy being the captain of a team.

He revealed that he struggled with the pressure that came with the armband, while he was still at Liverpool.

Brendan Rodgers handed Suarez the captain’s armband a couple of times, when Steven Gerrard was not available.

The 30-year-old has, however, claimed that he is “quite shy” and not a born leader.

Suarez also says he prefers to help the team, than be the one to make decisions.

“I like the low profile, to be a player among the others,” he told France Football.

“I am there to give a helping hand to the team but taking decisions, that is not really my thing. At Liverpool, I had the chance to be captain and it was not easy for me.

“Even if people find it hard to believe, I am quite a shy person. I am not used to pushing myself forward.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series
Forum | 1 week ago

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 1 week ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story