Wicked World: Local Residents in Confusion as Newborn Baby is Found Dead Near Osun River

Forum 7 years ago

Wicked World: Local Residents in Confusion as Newborn Baby is Found Dead Near Osun River

The residents of the Ibu Amon area of Osogbo at the Osun State capital were left in confusion on Friday, with the discovery of a dead newborn baby which was dumped close to the popular Osun River.

According to Punch Metro, Fatai Olayiwola, who is one of the leaders in the community, said he was shocked like other members of the community to find the dead baby where it was dumped, adding that the residents alerted the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps to their discovery and officials of the agency went to the scene to remove it.

He said, “I was informed by some residents that a newborn baby was dumped close to the river. They said the baby was dead. I went there and saw the dead baby.

“We informed the NSCDC and the agency sent some of its officials to the scene. The baby was dead and swollen before that time. It had started decomposing. I think the person who dumped the baby did it the previous night.”

Also speaking to a correspondent, another resident, David Adedeji, said the mother of the baby might have dumped it there because of the harsh economic condition or because he was unwanted.

The Public Relations Officer of the NSCDC, Mr. Afolabi Babawale, decried the fate that befell the baby.

The NSCDC PRO said, “When some residents raised the alarm that a day old baby was dumped by the riverside, our men on patrol duty went straight to the place.

“I have called the authorities at the local government area, as well as some environmental officials who will do the needful.

“But our advice is that this kind of thing should stop. There are ways of preventing unwanted pregnancies if those, who are not ready, must have sex. This is a criminal act and it is a sin before God.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle
Forum | 2 days ago

Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 2 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues