Willian: I'm not a certain Brazil starter

Forum 9 years ago

Willian: I'm not a certain Brazil starter

Willian insists that he will not allow his stellar showing against Turkey on Wednesday go to his head.
[ads4]
The Chelsea attacker has taken his time to settle with the Selecao but he played a key role in the 4-0 win in Istanbul, scoring one goal and having a hand in two others.
However, despite the impressive way in which he linked with star striker Neymar, who netted twice in the Turkish capital, Willian says he intends to keep his feet planted firmly on the ground.
"I can’t relax now, though, and just assume that I'm a certain starter," the 26-year-old toldTV Globo. "I have to earn my inclusion every day.
"But I am growing with the Selecao, improving with every game, playing better all the time, and that’s important."
The victory in Turkey was Brazil's fifth in succession since Dunga succeeded Luiz Felipe Scolari as coach after the World Cup and Willian feels that the game offered further evidence of the Selecao's progression in recent months.
“We played very well from the start, with the idea of marking tightly and holding posession," he explained.
"Luckily, we managed to take almost every single opportunity we created."
The five-time world champions will now face Austria in Vienna on November 15 in what will be their final Gillette Brasil Global Tour outing of the year

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
LaLiga: Real Madrid’s Modric to ‘give’ incoming Brazil star his No. 10 shirt
Forum | 3 weeks ago

LaLiga: Real Madrid’s Modric to ‘give’ incoming Brazil star his No. 10 shirt

Mourinho speaks on becoming new Brazil coach
Forum | 3 months ago

Mourinho speaks on becoming new Brazil coach

Man City vs Liverpool: Brazil predicts result of Premier League clash
Forum | 4 months ago

Man City vs Liverpool: Brazil predicts result of Premier League clash