Wizkid's Songs No Longer Making Sense After Hit Track Titled "Ojuelegba"

Forum 5 years ago

Wizkid's Songs No Longer Making Sense After Hit Track Titled "Ojuelegba"

Hello! Dear Wizkid Fan,

Please!! Please!!! Calm down, I am a huge Wizkid fan as much as you are but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say our minds on our Starboy’s craft.

Wizkid came in great with that crazy album titled Superstar in 2011 some very unique sounds and stuffs.. Wizkid was unpredictable, we had songs like Baddest Boy, Jaiye Jaiye and the likes.

But personally for me Wizkid hasn’t made anything really unique since Ojuelegba 2014. Even before Ojuelegba if you are a true Wizkid fan you will notice a lot Wizkid’s songs have very similar sounds and lyrics.

Yes we know Wizkid is talented, music comes easy to him but at the end of day perfecting your craft, taking your audience seriously and giving them different and unexpected content is what truly makes a great artist.

Wizkid is brilliant when it comes to the melody and rhythm but when it comes to getting out of your comfort zone please permit me to say the star boy has been lagging behind.

Please kindly look at the likes of Olamide and Davido even if you are not a huge fan of these two you can see they are both very ‘unexpected’ when it comes to the music.

Davido who has been (Arguably) the No.1 artist across Africa for years and he uses songwriters which is why he gives us different stuffs every time.

Lets take a look at Wizkid’s most recent songs, the likes of Daddy Yo, Baba Nla, Odo, Soco and others.. These songs are indisputable hits but are they really great?

Haven’t you noticed most of Wizkid’s recent hits are not popular among adults, I mean people between ages 40-60, these set of people don’t connect with Wizkid music anymore the way they connect with Davido and Olamide songs.

I personally can’t remember the last [artlink]Wizkid song[artlink] I can listen to and sing along loudly without feeling like I’m I 16?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix
Forum | 2 days ago

Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty
Forum | 5 days ago

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty

Two Arrested In Lagos For Snatching A Lady
Forum | 6 days ago

Two Arrested In Lagos For Snatching A Lady's Phone While She Was Making A Call

Jon Snow Series No Longer in Development at HBO
Forum | 1 week ago

Jon Snow Series No Longer in Development at HBO