Wole Soyinka Pictured on His Way Back to Nigeria After Saying He'll Tear His Green Card If Trump Wins (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

Wole Soyinka Pictured on His Way Back to Nigeria After Saying He'll Tear His Green Card If Trump Wins (Photo)

According to a Facebook user identified as Prince Adeyinka Success, Nigeria's legendary playwright and Nobel literature laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, is on his way to the country, days after he reportedly said if Donald Trump is elected president of the United States, he will leave the country.

“The moment they announce his [Trump’s] victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,”
said Soyinka in a video of a conversation with students at Oxford University in the UK.

The professor also revealed that he feared Donald Trump would ask all green-card holders to re-apply to come back into the US.

“If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that. The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,”
said Soyinka, who is scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of African American Affairs this autumn.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 2 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music