Woman, 57, dies in 60-yr-old lover’s apartment

Forum 9 years ago

Woman, 57, dies in 60-yr-old lover’s apartment

LAGOS—Controversy has continued to trail the death of a 57-year- old woman, identified as Bonu Fiaret, in Salu area of Badagry, an outskirt of Lagos State, who allegedly died in her lover’s apartment under questionable circumstances on January 2.
According to reports, the deceased, who worked at Badagry General Hospital as a nurse before she retired, was having an affair with one Akodogbo.
Vanguard gathered that the lovers, who parted ways several months back because of the victim’s health condition, rekindled their affair when they met at a community carnival.
After spending time with each other, the duo reportedly went to Akodogbo’s one-room apartment, where Bonu slept off. However, trouble, as gathered, started after Akodogbo woke up and discovered the lifeless body of his lover.
Vanguard learned that the case, which was initially reported at the Badagry Divisional Police is currently being investigated at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Yaba, Lagos.
When Vanguard visited the resident of the suspect in Badagry, a close family source said family members of the deceased were currently pointing accusing fingers at Akodogbo.
Lover’s account
According to 60-year-old Akodogbo, a father of one, “we have been lovers for more than two years, but we had to end the relationship because of her health condition. She is hypertensive.
“But we met during the carnival in Badagry and we discussed. We spent time together and had a lot of fun together at the carnival.
“Like school children, the old flame was rekindled and we decided to continue the affair. She agreed to spend the night at my place.
“By the time I woke up in the morning, I tried to wake her up, but she did not move; her body had already become lifeless and stiff. I was alarmed and alerted my neighbours.
“They said this was beyond them and that the police needs to be involved. That was how the police was contracted. I did not kill her.”
Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said investigation into the case was still ongoing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 1 day ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 2 days ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Woman Prepares Perfect Birthday Gift For Her Friend Who Loves To Gossip