You Won't Vote In 2019 - Buhari To Nigerians In Diaspora

Forum 5 years ago

You Won't Vote In 2019 - Buhari To Nigerians In Diaspora

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday , in Paris, France informed Nigerians in Diaspora that the country’s electoral process has not been fully fine-tuned to permit their participation in the electoral process, adding that they will consequently not be allowed to participate in the 2019 general elections, in Nigeria, Vanguard reports.

The President who was speaking during an interactive session with the Nigerian community in Paris, on the sideline of the Paris Peace Forum, President Buhari said about five percent allocation to the education sector was inadequate to propel the desired growth for the economy, pointing that United Nations target of 26 percent remained ideal.

On the participation of Nigerians in Diaspora in the forthcoming elections, the President said the population of Nigerian citizens in various countries across the world already necessitate their inclusion to elect leaders, noting that it might not happen in the 2019 elections as the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had been more focused on strengthening and consolidating on its achievements of conducting credible elections within the country.

He said:
“I am doing my best now to utilise our resources to develop the country. We are already getting results on road, rail and power. My frustration is that some people still have plenty stolen monies stashed in Europe, US and other countries.”

He said it could happen in future, the President said the Constitution had taken into cognizance the need for representation in the political structures to ensure harmony, urging more people to pick interest in governance and quality representation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 5 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment