Your appointment was a misfortune – PDP blasts ex-NDDC boss, Semenitari

Forum 7 years ago

Your appointment was a misfortune – PDP blasts ex-NDDC boss, Semenitari

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State is locked in a heated war of words with the immediate-past Acting Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Ibim Seminitari.

A day after Seminitari stepped down from the position she held for several months, the Rivers PDP Chairman, Felix Obuah said it was a welcome development.

According to a statement released by his spokesman, Jerry Needam, Obuah said he was happy that Ibim Semenitari’s tenure at the NDDC was over.

He described Semenitari’s stay in NDDC as “a misfortune”, stressing that “it brought nothing to the people of Rivers State.”

But Ibim Seminitari has dismissed the PDP’s criticism of her tenure through a statement released by her spokesman, Bekee Anyalewechi.

According to the statement, Anyalewechi said the latest attempt to rubbish the record of service of Seminitari was pre-determined.

He declared that the campaigns against Seminitari would fail, adding that her records of service in NDDC remained in the open.

He maintained that Semenitari served faithfully in meeting the needs of the nine NDDC states, which are made up of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers.

The statement further noted that based on the records left by Seminitari, no more will NDDC contractors deliver poorly executed jobs like what was done at the University of Port Harcourt in the past.

The spokesman dismissed Obuah’s claim that Seminitari’s ten months at NDDC brought nothing to Rivers State, stressing that Rivers benefited most in the payment to contractors for completed and ongoing jobs.

“If a man of Obuah’s character and personality can open his mouth to access my stewardship in NDDC, then, Rivers State is in abyss and needs redemption,” she added.

“Under my watch and stewardship, NDDC climbed off the valley of pariah that today banks, donor agencies, international development partners, contractors and vendors hitherto allergic to doing business with the Commission, are eager for a deal.

“It was a Commission which credit rating was zero, with abandoned contracts its trademark. But to the glory of God, under the 10 months of my service, we changed all that.

“Today, no contractor will ever abandon any NDDC project because we returned contractors’ trust and lifted their confidence.

“No more will NDDC contractors deliver poorly executed jobs like the type at the University of Port Harcourt.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 3 days ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 4 days ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 5 days ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam