‘Zidane Is Incredible At Real Madrid’- Liverpool Boss Klopp Speaks Ahead Of Champions League Final

Forum 5 years ago

‘Zidane Is Incredible At Real Madrid’- Liverpool Boss Klopp Speaks Ahead Of Champions League Final

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Zinedine Zidane has done an “incredible” job at Real Madrid and admits he is relieved he only has to face the Frenchman on the touchline, rather than on the pitch.

Klopp and Zidane will go head to head on Saturday night when Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the Champions League final in Kiev.

Real are hoping to make it a consecutive hat-trick of European titles, having won the competition in 2016 and 2017, but Klopp is out to cause an upset against “footballing legend” Zidane.

“We’ve played plenty of really big games and we’ve won many of them. It’s obvious that it’s possible to win important trophies at this club,” Klopp told UEFA.

“It’s not easy, but it’s possible. And it’s cool playing against Real Madrid. They’re the defending champions, and they’ve won back-to-back titles in this competition. They’ve done really well under Zinedine Zidane.

“He’s one of the top 10, top five players of all time. And now he’s the coach of Real Madrid, a hugely experienced team on the pitch. That’ll be a nice challenge.

“I’m glad we’re not playing against each other! Me against him, marking him or whatever… I’m very glad I can send my players onto the pitch.

“He’s an extraordinary character in the football world. I appreciate him. I admired him as a player and respect him as a colleague. It’s incredible what he’s been doing with [Real] Madrid. It’s really, really extraordinary.

“That’s why I’m obviously looking forward to it. But we’re not going there to grab some jerseys. I’m not going there to shake his hand, which of course will happen anyway. However, he’s a great footballing legend."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode